- Activity That Doesn’t Require Registration. You can view content on the Website without registering or providing any personal information. Like most websites when you enter into our site we collect information such as your browser and operating system type and IP address to optimize your experience on the Website and to track aggregate Website usage. In addition, we use a “session” cookie to identify you while you are on the Website, if cookies are enabled on your computer. This session cookie terminates once you finish using the Website and close your browser.
- Our Email List: If you sign up for our email list, we may collect data by using an embedded image to track whether you open our email and by using a URL that enables us to identify that you have taken an action, such as clicking a link in an email or signing an online petition. This allows us to build a more effective advocacy program, to inform you about Roofers and Waterproofers Local 33’s issues you care about most, and to make it simpler for you to sign petitions and fill out surveys.
- Activity Requiring Registration. Certain activities on the Website — for example, posting comments, participating in advocacy campaigns or surveys, petitions — require you to voluntarily provide information . To become a registered user, we ask you to provide your name, zip code and email address. If you decide to register, we use a persistent cookie that stores certain information to make it easier for you to login when you come back to the Website. However, none of your personal information is stored in that cookie. You may also be asked to provide certain additional information to participate in other activities that we may undertake through the Website. For example, if you sign up to receive information by mail, we will ask for your street address. You may update or correct your personal account information and email preferences at any time by visiting your account profile page.
- Usage Information. We may record information about your usage of the Website, such as when you use the site, the areas of the site you click on and/or participate in, the tags you search for, and whether or not you subscribe to the RSS feed. If you are logged in, we may associate that information with your account. A persistent cookie may be used to track this information. We may use pixel tags and/or trackable links in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened and/or clicked on by recipients.
- Comments Posted to Site. Any personal information or content that you voluntarily disclose online becomes publicly available and can be collected and used by others. Your user name (not your email address) is displayed to other users when you post comments. When posting comments, you should exercise caution not to provide any personally identifying information or other information that you would not want seen by others. Use of the community functions on the Website is at your own risk. Community guidelines.
- Tell A Friend Information. If you choose to use our invitation service to tell a friend about our site, we will ask you for information needed to send the invitation, such as your friend’s email address. We will automatically send your friend a single email inviting him or her to visit the site. Polls and Surveys. From time to time, we may conduct polls and surveys. Information collected through our polls, surveys, and questionnaires is used in the aggregate, unless we contact you to request permission to use your individual responses for a particular purpose.
- We do not knowingly collect any information from children under the age of 13.
- The personal information that Roofers and Waterproofers Local 33 collects on the Website helps us effectively represent our members, to pursue our advocacy agenda, and to provide valuable member benefits.
- We will use your email address to communicate with you about Roofers and Waterproofers Local 33’s activities and offerings, unless you opt-out from receiving such messages. We will also use your email address for administrative purposes, such as notifying you of major Website changes, sending messages related to actions you have taken on the site or for customer service purposes. Although we hope you’ll find these communications informative and useful, if you don’t, you can always unsubscribe by following the simple instructions included in each email.
- When you send email or other communications to us, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services.
- We use both your personally identifying information and certain non-personally-identifying information (such as anonymous usage data, IP addresses, browser type, clickstream data, etc.) to improve the quality of your user experience and the design of the Website and to create new features, functionality, and services by storing, tracking, and analyzing user behavior, preferences, trends, and actions.
- We work with a variety of vendors who help us process data, facilitate the operation of the Roofers and Waterproofers Local 33 website and deliver messages to you on other platforms. For example, outside vendors may help us analyze traffic on our site, process credit card transactions, or facilitate activities such as the collection and delivery of petition signatures. To the extent that any vendor has access to personally identifiable data about you, by virtue of the fact that it participates in the operation of the Roofers and Waterproofers Local 33 website, we require that vendor to promise that it will keep that data confidential and use it only for the purpose of carrying out the functions we have engaged it to perform. By signing a contract with Roofers and Waterproofers Local 33, any third party vendor is banned from sharing that data with any other entities. That is true both as to passively collected data and as to voluntarily submitted data, and also as to data from any cookie or other tracking device.
- In some instances, we may agree to allow a vendor to take aggregated and anonymized data about activity on the Roofers and Waterproofers Local 33 website, and use that data for other purposes such as improvement of the vendor’s products or benchmarking for the vendor’s other clients. But we won’t agree to that unless we believe, in each instance, that the data won’t be recombined with other information to create any record about you as an identifiable individual.
- As discussed in the preceding section, to support certain functions carried out on the Roofers and Waterproofers Local 33 website, Roofers and Waterproofers Local 33 uses third-party service providers. In limited instances with respect to specific optional functions on the Roofers and Waterproofers Local 33 website, these third parties may have data collection, use or security procedures that differ from the practices outlined in this Privacy Statement and that may impact users of those optional functions. For example, a third-party service provider may allow us to stream videos through the Roofers and Waterproofers Local 33 website on an embedded video player (e.g., the YouTube embedded player) and, by viewing that video on the Roofers and Waterproofers Local 33 website, you are actually accessing that service provider’s website and subject to its data collection, use or security procedures. This third party may, for example, transfer a Long-term Cookie to your computer when you use this functionality. Please make sure that you review that third party’s procedures prior to using that optional functionality.